For more information on available career opportunities, contact email@example.com.
Chief Program Officer
Community Housing Innovations, Inc. (CHI), a dynamic agency with a $32 million annual budget providing housing and human services to low and moderate income families and individuals is seeking a Chief Program Officer to manage our Agency operations. The successful candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic, forward-thinking and able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously. You will be good at solving problems, advocating for our clients, managing multiple facilities and working with a diverse workforce.
As the Chief Program Officer, a typical day might include:
- Oversee all of CHI’s HUD, Hudson Valley, Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester County Programs.
- Develop and maintain relationship with governmental agencies, not-for-profit programs, private and public funding sources and businesses as necessary to successfully implement program goals and objectives.
- Supervise staff, counseling supervisors and managers.
- Ensure that housing and social services are provided effectively and in accordance with the guidelines established by CHI and all funding sources.
- Ensure that all program participants in housing-related programs are provided with the services necessary to promote personal and economic independence.
- Review RFP’s to expand services.
- Develop new programs and resources, including funding sources.
- Ensure optimum performance of personnel and interfacing of various agency divisions; executive, fiscal, services, property management, personnel.
Requirements for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field or Bachelor’s degree in social work with 15 years’ experience.
- Seven years’ experience working in a related field with homeless populations, housing program development, plus a minimum of five years supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate or expert level proficiency in MS Office products required.
To be seriously considered, you must have extensive experience in social services, with emphasis on helping low and moderate income families and individuals; experience supervising multiple sites and a diverse workforce; experience in advocacy with local and regional government. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and the opportunity to work with one of the most respected housing and human services agencies.
Location: Suffolk County
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case managers work with homeless families/individuals residing in a congregate setting. This position is responsible for ensuring that all program participants are provided with the services necessary to promote personal and economic independence, to have skills required to obtain, maintain, and retain permanent housing, and are living in well-maintained units.
Experience with homelessness, substance abuse, mental illness, developmental disabilities and welfare benefits a plus.
Applicants must possess strong written and verbal skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Competency in MS Office is required.
BA in social work or related field is a must; Master’s degree preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Location: Nassau/Suffolk County
House Monitors assist in providing a safe and secure environment for the population that we serve. Good oral and written communication skills a must. High School Diploma or GED required. Part-time weekend positions available.
Location: Nassau, Suffolk, Dutchess and Orange Counties